How'd we get here?

A friend recently said to me, "Ya know, I was thinking of you the other night. If this whole nursing thing doesn't work out for you, you should start a blog." First of all, I can't help but laugh that ten years later I'm still getting the "If the nursing thing doesn't work out..." At what point can we say it has or hasn't? For Christ's sake, I'd rather wait out retirement at this age than retrain for another damn career! And frankly, I love nursing. But she got me to thinking. Usually that statement is followed with "you could be a stand-up comedian." Yeah...not likely. First of all, I'm more of a sit down kind of girl. I've got three kids (four with the husband), a dog, a brand-new kitten, and a chinchilla. Yeah, a chinchilla. Because what self-respecting American household DOESN'T have a chinchilla? Secondly, there's a lot of effort in stand-up comedy. The writing, the booking, the delivery, the instant judgement. None of those things really appeals to me. But a blog? Well let's think about this a minute. I can write in my favorite pajamas. Check. I mean, realistically, what are scrubs if not pajamas with pockets? Already it's appealing. Whenever I want (or don't). Check. Tell stories of my life, which- while occasionally very distressing to me, seems to be quite entertaining to others. Check. Alright. Why not?
I guess this might be a good time to confess something. I barely even know what a blog is. So, uh, adjust your expectations accordingly. I figure I'll just share daily stories of my life, tag it as humor (though that's NOT what I tell Jesus it is!), and go from there. Feel free to laugh (everyone else does), comment or even offer suggestions (though my mom will tell you I'm not likely to take them!)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

This, too, shall pass. Well, maybe not.

All the Better to See You With

What's a sit up?